MindYog has a family counselling centre in Kolkata, aimed at helping members of a family improve communication and resolve conflicts.
The mental health counsellor aims to reduce anxiety, increase differentiation of the self, and establish healthy emotional boundaries between family members.
When can family therapy help?
Family counselling is useful for children, young people and adults experiencing a very wide range of difficulties and experiences.
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Difficulties in coping at school
- Excessive and uncontrollable fights between siblings
- Dealing with Grief over death or illness of a family member
- Separation or Divorce
- Interpersonal Conflicts
- Parent-Child Conflicts
- Family member with special needs
- A major trauma impacting the whole family
- Adjustment to new member of the family
- Domestic Violence
Initiation of treatment process
The first step is the construction of a genogram- a family tree. It delineates structural relationships (marriages, births and deaths) as well as emotional relationships (fusion, cut-offs etc.) in regard to the family. It also illustrates patterns of substance abuse, depression, physical or emotional abuse and other patterns of behaviour that may be transmitted from one generation to the next.
Mental health professionals at MindYog aim to provide the following to deal with family conflicts:
- Facilitate communication, breaking barriers that prove
- Including all members of the family and being considerate to the needs of all
- Utilising the strengths of all members leading to effectuation
- Create a collaboration to work together, rather than in isolation
- To acknowledge and respect differences in culture, background, values and norms
- To create a safe zone for proactive engagement for all members of the family so they feel part of the group and also feel heard with the ultimate aim of nurturing change and development.
Techniques used for Family Therapy at Mindyog
- Structural therapy - identifies and re-orders the organisation of the family system
- Strategic therapy - looks at patterns of interactions between family members
- Systemic/Milan therapy - focuses on belief systems
- Narrative therapy - restoring of dominant problem-saturated narrative, emphasis on context, separation of the problem from the person
- Transgenerational therapy - transgenerational transmission of unhelpful patterns of belief and behaviour
- Couple Counselling
- Relationship Counselling
Reach out to our Psychologist at MindYog who have over 12 years of experience in face to face Counselling Sessions and Online Counselling Sessions, to help resolve a wide range of issues related to mental health.
Call +91-90733-72300 to book your slot NOW!